Why do we make our candles with soy wax?
When Caroline and I were selecting a wax for our MadeKind aromatherapy candles, we investigated and considered several options. It was an easy decision to select soy wax as it has so many benefits compared to other options such as parafin wax; here are some of the key benefits and reasons why we have chosen to use soy wax for our aromatherapy candles:
* Renewable Resource: Soy wax is made from soybean oil, which is a renewable resource. This makes it more environmentally friendly compared to paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum which is not renewable.
* Biodegradable: Soy wax is biodegradable, meaning it breaks down naturally over time. This is in contrast to paraffin wax, which is not biodegradable and can be harmful to the environment.
* Clean Burning: Soy wax burns cleaner and produces less soot than paraffin wax. It doesn't release harmful toxins or carcinogens when burned, making it a healthier option for indoor use.
* Longer Burn Time: Soy candles tend to burn slower and cooler than paraffin candles, which means they last longer, providing better value for your money.
* Vegan and Cruelty-Free: Soy wax is plant-based - It is not derived from animal sources or tested on animals.
* Easy to Clean: Any spills or drips of soy wax are easy to clean up with soap and water, unlike paraffin wax, which can be more challenging to remove.
* Better Scent Throw: Soy wax has the ability to hold and release fragrances better than paraffin wax, leading to a stronger and more pleasant aroma when used in aromatherapy candles.
* Support for Farmers: The production of soy wax supports farmers in the soybean industry, promoting local and sustainable agriculture
* Non-Toxic: Soy wax is non-toxic and safe for use in the home.
Also, we make our candles in recyclable or re-usable containers which reduces waste.